Today Cindy & I have the great pleasure of being the host on Day 6 of the Virtual Blog Tour of author Charlene M. Proctor whose book The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You launches on Amazon on Tuesday April 24, 2012.
Charlene M. Proctor, Ph.D. is an ordained Minister of Spiritual Peacemaking and a “Deeksha” facilitator trained by the oneness guides from Fiji and India. She is the bestselling author of Let Your Goddess Grow! 7 Spiritual Lessons on Female Power and Positive Thinking and The Women’s Book of Empowerment: 323 Affirmations That Change Everyday Problems Into Moments of Potential. Her Midwestern sensibility and spiritual approach to self-empowerment has helped thousands awaken to their Divine magnificence within.
Charlene has written a new book that brings us back to the Essence of true spirituality. The book, entitled The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You, is a rich mix of science, spirituality and mysticism that transcends the boundaries of religion, and uplifts the reader to that place of Oneness. An ordained Minister of Spiritual Peacemaking and a Deeksha facilitator trained by the oneness guides from Fiji and India, Charlene’s mission in life is to help awaken to their Divine magnificence within all humanity.
Yesterday, Charlene visited Michelle Galatoire at http://www.nourishandbloom.com/?p=1907, where they talked on the subject of Christ Consciousness and different beliefs. Today, I’d like to share with you a recent interview I had with Charlene when I got to ask her some questions on her journey, cutting cords and living life joyfully. I hope you enjoy it.
Kristen Webster: Please tell us a little about your personal journey. How did you come to be doing this work?
Charlene M. Proctor: After experiencing much personal suffering in my family, I began to also experience physical illnesses. I became intrigued with the idea of deeksha as a means to release emotional trauma from the energy layers in the body. I received this blessing and energy from Sai Maa and Amma Amritanandamayi many years ago. These were my first introductions to deeksha and darshan from holy masters. I experienced what it felt like to release suffering and open my heart and to feel being loved unconditionally.
Studying the works of Yogananda and going back to the New Testament made me realize that truth is universal. God’s grace arrives in uncountable forms and is always available to everyone. It’s free. In the Oneness community, grace is seen as a means of healing.
In the past, deeksha was given only by masters, but now human consciousness is rising to point that we are all able to “tune in” and project this grace with a healing intention to others. The purpose of the Oneness Movement is to awaken the entire human family and offer a gift of grace of spiritual opening (the “flowering of the heart”) to ALL people rather than a few select seekers. It is meant to restore wholeness to humanity as well as to the planet. I like this idea and have pursued it for several years.
During my research, I discovered the Oneness teachings as given in India. They originated in Sri Amma and Sri Bhagavan, two people who consider themselves one unified, avataric consciousness. They are God-realized and were initiating the collective force of unified consciousness in the form of something called the Oneness Blessing. It’s actually deeksha, but the difference between them and all who have gone before is that they are teaching everyone how to give it. They are interested in creating individual change through this neurobiological event, which they say happens through grace. Once you invite that energy into you, it’s there to stay. I thought this was a wonderful idea. It helped inspire the material and lessons in The Oneness Gospel.
I enjoyed traveling to Fiji and India and meeting Bhagavan and all the Dasas who were teaching the material. The experiences I had with the blessing were extraordinary. The spiritual training I received with people from all parts of the planet was exceptional. It helped me personally awaken to a new and enriched way of living.
Cindy Briolotta: Why is it important to cut the cords of past issues and old programming? How do we do it?
Charlene M. Proctor: People today are seeking to sever their unconscious connection from the past and move into present-day reality. We carry many emotional patterns that we inherit from our culture and our families, plus old traumas, dramas, and stories that hold us back. We’ve often heard pronouncements like “you are not good enough.” There’s also too much religious conditioning. All these things influence our reactions to what’s happening to us today. They give us a knee-jerk reaction to life. That’s why we filter present-day reality through old conditioning. Too many of us feel empty, like machines, automated, and without life, and focus on tasks, lists, logic, achievement, materialism, and doing instead of being. We can’t live in the present on autopilot.
Being aware of life and just seeing reality for what it is is part of awakening to a full life filled with joy. Just see. See yourself clearly and situations for what they are.
To be consciously aware of the present and fully experience life—both good and bad—is to be fully engaged in life. Being present is the only way to find joy and see what’s in front of us. It doesn’t mean we can’t plan for the future. It means using the past, in the form of resentments, unforgiveness, and old memories or old, negative feelings, doesn’t tell us how to live today. So, part of your spiritual self-development is to be aware of when the past informs the present, learn to recognize old conditioning, and practice seeing the present for what it is, without old programming.
Kristen Webster: How do we lead joyful lives?
Charlene M. Proctor: Amma says spirituality is the amount of joy you have in your life.
When we filter life through old programming, we cannot experience joy. Most suffering, or blockage to joy, is caused by a lack of present moment awareness. We are living in the past or the future and we carry too much worry and emotional baggage.
Here are five easy tips to experience more joy in your life:
• Make room in your life for joy. Allow yourself to experience what makes you sad. Do you miss a loved one? Go ahead and think and talk about them. Although it may bring sadness, don’t fight those feelings. This is part of the healing process that helps you move forward (instead of managing your suffering) so you can enjoy yourself now and not live in the past. Give yourself permission to talk about people you love or miss. Go ahead and grieve, miss a lost job, or acknowledge the tough times. Then give yourself permission to move forward.
• Live now. When you dredge up fear, self-doubt, regret, worries and old emotions you are living in the past. In order to experience joy and improve your current situation you need to accept where you are, at this very moment because you cannot be anywhere else. Replace fear with gratitude for what you have and bring in the energy of love. Anchor yourself in the here and now.
• Think like a child. Children live for the moment. Even kids with cancer find something to smile about because they live one day at a time. They cannot think ahead to the future, and they stay centered in each day. We can learn a lot from them.
• Enjoy the simple things. Simple acts are joyful. You cannot be an awakened individual until you take pleasure in the smallest of things: a sip of coffee, noticing nature around you, watching a movie. Practice. You’ll be surprised what a difference in makes in your day.
• Find your passion. There must be something that makes you very happy. It could be cooking, singing, painting, dancing, or anything that helps you grow. Joy is healthy and infectious and when we are fully immersed in a joyful activity those vibrations project outward. If you are being joyful, it will uplift everyone in the vicinity.
© Charlene M. Proctor Ph.D. The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You. All Rights Reserved.
I hope you enjoyed this interview with Charlene M. Proctor and that you’ll check out her book The Oneness Gospel: Birthing the Christ Consciousness and Divine Human in You at http://onenessgospel.com/book-launch/pages/pre-launch.html
When you sign up for a reminder, you’ll receive:
- A FREE pass to attend Charlene’s inspiring “Your Journey to Joy Webinar” taught by Charlene and presented by best-selling author Lynn Serafinn. On this uplifting and informative webinar, Charlene will talk about how we develop our belief in separation and suffering, how those beliefs get stored as trauma in the body, and how to change your inner reality so you can experience JOY in every aspect of your life. THEN…When you buy The Oneness Gospel on Tuesday April 24th, 2012, you’ll also receive:
- The MP3 download from the “Your Journey to Joy Webinar” AND
- An invitation to “Twelve Principles for Becoming a Divine Human“, a special online discussion with Charlene AND
- A complete library of beautiful, downloadable gifts from authors, speakers, coaches and other enlightened professionals from around the globe.
And you will also receive a specially prepared gift from us too!
Your own Spiritual Self-Care Kit
To request a launch reminder so you’ll remember to pick up
The Oneness Gospel on Tuesday April 24th,
and receive all these beautiful gifts, go to:
Thanks for reading! As usual, please feel free to share your comments and thoughts below. We love reading your feedback.
AND… be sure to follow Charlene tomorrow when the next stop on the Virtual Blog Tour is Eva Gregory, who will be interviewing Charlene on her story, Oneness Movement and Divine Human. To visit that “stop” on the tour, go to http://www.yourguidanceondemand.com/virtual-interview/